Thursday, March 20, 2008

That's What Friends are For

I recently had a birthday and received a few gifts from friends. I have always felt that friendship is the most important gift and gifts are not necessary especially at my age. Anyways, I cased this sketch from the SU catalog and made my own version. I always make more than one layout because I am never sure which one I would like to mass produce. I love this card with the spring colors. I keep using spring colors enticing spring to come soon. I used the Time Well Spent stamp set from SU. The colors for CS and markers were Tempting Turquiose, Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal. I stamped the images in basic black ink and then colored in. I used Versamark ink for the flowers on the background. I added rhinestones to the flowers and used the slit punch to make the scallop edge. The paper piercing tool was used with the mat pack to create the butterfly flying path. I stamped my butterfly image on WW CS, colored with markers and then cut it out. I used the scallop circle punch, stmaped the butterfly on it and then added my colored butterfly on top. To finish the card, I added Dazzling Diamonds to the butterfly and then the celery ribbon. This made a complete and coordinated card!

stay tuned for Easter stuff to come.

3 comments:

Rima said...

these look great Lois, either design is perfect

x
Rima

Monica said...

Hi Lois, I just joined the SBS-15! I see you were assigned to SBS-15 also! Just dropping in to say hello! Love your blog! Looking forward to getting to know all of the sisters in SBS-15

Monica

Robyn said...

What great cards. I just love butterflies!!