Friday, March 21, 2008

Sisterhood of Blogging Stampers - 15

I am just getting use to blogging and improving on my stamping techniques. My friend Kathy joined a group and encouraged me to join to share my ideas and keep me motivated by other across the country and the world.

I have been stamping for several years now - I think I started scrapbooking and taking classes at a local store in NH in 2000. I started stamping using SU products in 2001 making cards for co-workers for a variety of different occasions. It was fun to share my cards with others. I became a demo in 2004. I enjoyed stamping classes and technique workshops with others. I have moved quite a bit and landed here in MA. While starting my stamping endeavors, I worked full time. I formerly was a scientist in a large pharmaceutical company creating activity testing protocols for drugs produced in manufacturing. I then moved and worked for a smaller company and then later for a small university lab. I eventually left the scientific world to become a stay at home mom during our last transition period of moving. I have two daughters - one in pre-K and the other in 2nd grade. I love my job now with volunteering and participating in all my children's schools and various activities. It is fun to meet their friends and interact with them. I am also a Brownie troop leader for my daughter's troop which I enjoy doing activities and going on trips. My husband is my biggest fan and I show him all the cards I make which he thinks are great but when I go to a meeting he says I am going to drink the special punch to make me want to buy more. For my current stamping endeavors, I participate in several company contests to win free products and hopefully one day be on a design team and get published in a magazine. I also run a card club which I sell cards every month to a set group of people. I am throughly addicted!

11 comments:

Rima said...

Hi Lois
welcome to the sisterhood!! I look forward to getting to know you.
Rima

~Emma~ said...

Hey Lois!! Its another 'sister' stopping by to say hi!
Your blog has taken me ages to look through as its great!!
So glad you are a SU demonstrator as we havn't got one in Gib!
Looking forward to swopping ideas,x

Nany said...

a new sista' for you.. hehe...Hello from Puerto Rico and glad to have new friends...Have a wonderful weekend

Felice-nst said...

Halo Lois!! nice to Meet U. Happy to become your sister. =)
Love your blog so much. Very Sweet =) I also a fresh scraper... Let's Learn 2gather.

Roz said...

Stopping by to say HI to a stampin sister! Looking forward to getting to know you better soon.

Sammi said...

Hello! I just signed up to SBS15! looking froward to getting to know you and swapping ideas etc! :)
Love Sammi

Lisadwb said...

Another stampin' sister stopping by with a great big, "Hello!"

Lavender stamper said...

Hi Lois

Just popping in to say Hi

Happy Crafting

Lisa

Monica said...

I loved reading your into to all of us Sisters! I'm excited to be in this group and looking forward to getting to know you better!

Jessica Smith said...

Hey Lois,
I just wanted to say hi can't wait to get to know you.

Susan Silver Dill said...

Lois, Welcome to the sistahood!
I look forward to getting to know all of y'all!
Susan - stamping for 19 years and going strong!