Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pocket Easter Egg

This card was truely inspired by a card I did last year at this time. I love this SU stamp set, A Good Egg. It is so easy to use and design cards with. I used Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa and WW CS. I stamped the images with C lose to Cocoa ink then trimmed them out with my paper snips. I colored the images of the egg and the chick using my watercolor pencils and my blender pen. I used the dazzling diamonds with my 2-way glue pen. I cut the egg on the zig zag line. I attached the top of the egg and the bottom of the egg in a split fashion. The bottom egg was only attached around the edges so that the chick could fit inside. I attached some rhinestones I found at Walmart which had the adhesive to them. The top of the egg was adorned with a flower punched in Old Olive CS using the Boho Blossom punch and then cut in half. The ribbons are some that I had around. The background circles on the card were stamped with Versamark and then colored in the small circles using a white gel pen. The words were stamped in Basic Black. This card was definitely a labor of love.