Friday, March 7, 2008

Elegant Egg

This card was truely inspired by the SU Catalog. I love this stamp set from SU "A Good Egg". When the new catalog came out, this was one of my must haves! I did not have all the elements that they used in the catalog but I did love the color combination. I used the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set with the white craft ink for the backround on the Bashful Blue CS. In addition, I used the Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and So Saffron CS. I stamped the egg outline and the middle part using Chocolate Chip ink on Bashful Blue and Veryt Vanilla CS repectively. I colored on the VV CS with markers: Old Olive, So Saffron and Bashful Blue. I added antique brads and used dimensionals to place it ontop of the egg. For the stitched effect on the So Saffron CS, I used my Paper Piecing tool with my Mat Pak to make the holes and the white gel pen to add the line. For the top of the egg, I punch a flower on Old Olive CS with my Boho Blossoms punch and cut it in half. I attached some grosgrain ribbon that was a golden mustard.

No comments: