Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Addition to our Family

So this might not be what you expected when you saw the title. We tried for the past year to get our youngest potty trained - trying and promising everything to her. We thought that the day would never come. Since she had become fascinated with turtles, we thought a good incentive would be a turtle for consistency with her going on the potty. Well, it finally happened at the end of January and she remembered what we promised to her. So after looking into what type of turtle we would want (water or land) and which would be easiest and less germy, we chose to get a tortoise. The name Flipper was chosen way in advance and is the name of a stuffed turtle she had gotten for Christmas. My husband and daughter had a special date this past Monday to pick up the turtle. She was so excited and wanted to show all of her friends. So this morning I made a small photo album with pictures of Flipper doing various things with the captions so that she could show her friends at school. I used my new cuttlebug die and my ticket punch. The words were printed on the computer. I added cute ribbons to the binder ring. Since it has a binder ring to attach it, I can add pages when we take more pictures. Her teachers were thrilled to share this in her class. She is so proud of her pet and her accomplishment!

1 comment:

Sheila Hallworth said...

Love the tortoise album cover - so cute!

Hello, am new to the 'sisterhood' and thought I'd drop by to say 'hello'.

Sheila : )