Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine Mailboxes


Once again, Target dollar spot has gotten me. This time I bought these mailboxes for only $1. Target also had some fabulous DS which I got as well as some ribbon. I made a few templates for the front of the mailbox and the side. I traced onto the DS and then cut out. The side of the mail box was a 4" x 12" piece of CS wrapped around. I made the hole for the flag with a 3/4" circle punch then cut a slit to the hole from the side of the paper to get it around the flag base. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper. Be sure to line up the paper other wise it will be off centered. I used ribbon that I bought at Michaels and AC Moore. I used foam shapes to decorate the flag. These came out great! You can add more detail if you want with stamped images and other embellishments if you want.

No comments: