Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another Ellie Valentine


I have been hooked on this Happy Heart Day set from SU now. Here is another card I made with a twist. I got the color ideas from prbloom on SCS called My First Ellie. I modified the card and changed a few things to make it a flip open card. I used Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and So Saffron CS. I used for this card the groing Grey SU marker to color in the elephant but I fould later that I liked the watercolor pencil with the blender pen much better. I use SU markers of Rose Red, So Saffron and Certainly Celery to color in the rest of the images. I added a Bashful Blue ribbon. It is closed with a scallop punched flower with a dimensional on the back. The butterfly at the top was stamped on Whisper White CS and then colored with So Saffron marker, dotted with a white gel pen and then cut ou with paper snips. A glue dot in the middle holds it on so that the wing fold out. Although there is alot of stuff to this card, what I like about this card is that it has that super cute butterfly that pops off the top.