Monday, February 4, 2008

Sweet Sophia Cards


I just loved playing with this Cuddle Me set from Paper Pretties. I could not decide which card I liked best. I used most of the same elements in each card and rearranged them in different ways according to some sketch challenges and vola! The top card won the first Cutie Pie Contest which Paper pretties held at the end of January but all Sofia cards were submitted. I was inspired by my friend Joanne B. to go to Right at Home scrapbooking store to get some fabulous designer paper. I found this paper by Pebbles Inc. called Party Time Girl Stripe/Flower (background) and Party Time Girl Surprise/Orange which was used to paper piece her dress. I am very partial to pink so I had to try it. I also used a ribbon that I found there as well. Again, I used SU markers to color in Sofia and the Giga scalloped and Mega Oval punches to frame her. For CS, I used Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana as well as Whisper White. The buttons were from American Crafts and the riboons were an assortment of ones that I had in my ribbon box. The third card shown here was a design in which the card filps open. It is closed using the scalloped punched flower which has a dimensional on the back of it. The large eyelet is a retired one from SU that I had in my stash of goodies. I stamped the words by bending the acrylic to get the curved look. I loved playing with all of these and coming up with new designs.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

very cute Lois.
next time you go to scrapbooking store let me know we can take a field trip together!