Thursday, February 14, 2008

Memo Holders


I made these for my daughter's teachers for Valentine's Day presents. I purchased the memo pads at the Target dollar spot. The monkey on the memo pad was a cute touch since my daughter is such a little monkey and is so full of energy each day!
For the back of the pad, I thought that if I put magnetic strips to hold it on, then the person could change out the pad once they were done with the first one. However, my magnetic strips were not strong enough to hold the memo pad, so I had to add a piece of sticky strip to it. I used CS Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. The CS Chocolate Chip was cut to 9 1/4 x 8 1/2 then scored at 4 1/8 and 4 3/8 for the binding. The DS used was from Doodle Bug Designs which I purchased at Right at Home Scrapbooking store and was cut at 9 x 4. I used the SU Happy Thoughts stamp set with Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose ink to decorate the front and added a small silver brad. In addition I used American Crafts polkadot ribbon. I finally added a gel pen to finish the gift so it was complete.

No comments: