Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friendship Mugs

The new Rub-Ons from SU were a must try for me. I had ordered them a while back and needed to use them. I took all my new stuff to PA with me to visit my friend Tami and my original SU Friends: Ann, Danielle and Deb. So Tami and I always have our own Mini Stamp camp however I have been so busy that I did not prepare enough items. We did make these mugs (great mugs that I got for $1 at a local grocery store). I learned how to do this at our Quarterly meeting in January and thought they would make great gifts. When you place the image on the mug, you should place it smoothly around and place scotch tape on it to hold it in place. Some might adhere to the surface even before you rub it. Then rub over the image with the popsicle stick or whatever tool you have for Rub-Ons. When finished, carefully remove the backing sheet off. The mugs came out fabulous! I gave the Blue mug with the white image to my good friend Ann. I am still looking for an adhesive to go over the image so that you can actually use the mug to drink out of. The image can come off if you rub too hard or use hot water. If anyone has any ideas how to put an adhesive or gloss over them that is non-toxic let me know.

1 comment:

vibha reddy said...

hi
i guess i have a suggestion, u get these fabric paints, u can use them to paint on these mugs, they stay permanent, or u can use glitters u get the permanent ones, that works.
but if u r gifting , i guess a personalised one will look fabulous.