Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chocolate Dipped

I just love this set: Tart & Tangy from SU! Ok I can't say it enough. I saw several cards on SCS made with this set and could not resist casing this card from Rhonda G who made a fabulous card herself. I made this card for a recent swap and people just adored it. I used Chocolate Chip, WW, Rose Red CS and DS Berry Bliss. I colored the straberry with SU Markers: Real Red, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa. To get the chocolate dipped effect, I used crystal effects over the chocolate chip marker on the straberry. I used two circle punches: 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 plus layered two scalloped punches behind the layered circles. The white gel pen added a nice touch to the scallop punch. In addition, I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds with Chocolate Chip ink for the background texture at the bottom half of the card. The Word Window punch was used and Cherish from the Warm Words stamp set was used. The word was placed on the back of the card to show through the punch. I added the Purely Pomegranate stitched ribbon as well. Overall it was a big hit at our meeting last night.

No comments: