Thursday, February 7, 2008

Flowers Full of Wishes


So when I heard that both my mom and grandmother had the flu, I knew I needed to cheer them up with a special card. I looked to my friend Joanne for her sketch challenge last week which I missed. Sorry Joanne. Greetings Galore is such a great stamp set to use with this sketch as well as Warmest Regards. I always make a few cards per design because I never know which color combination or ribbon that I will like. I think I like the top one best because most of the colors closely match.

I dug into my DS and decided to go with the Flowers for You package. I never used much designer paper with my cards before but I am finding that I love how they dictate the color combinations and make it easy for me to choose which combination I am going to use. I also used Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery and Whisper White CS. I used markers of the same colors with the addition of Regal Rose. I found some ribbon in my assortment and thought I would test out two types. Next, I decided to creat two different embellishments - one with a flower punch and brads, the other with American Craft buttons and some twine. Finally, I could not forget about the Dazzling Diamonds to sparkle the flowers.

I hope both my mom and my grandmother get them soon and like them. I think they are sweet.

No comments: