Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tortoise Invitations

As you know, my youngest daughter loves Tortoise's so I made these invitations to her birthday party. Since she was inviting both boys and girls, I thought I would make different invitations for each. With these invitations, I went to Right at Home Scrapbooking store to get the paper - Limeade Brazill paper for the backing and Doodlebug Birthday Girl and Birthday Boy stripped paper. I did the printing on my computer. The Tortoise's were made using my Cuttlebug Cuttle Kids die cut. I hand cut the hats. The pom pom on the top of the party hats were made with 1/2 inch strips of paper, cut slits on one side of the paper and then using glue at the edge, twirl around a toothpick or paper piercing tool, bend back the small strips and stick on with a glue dot. These came out super cute. Stay tuned to see the thank yous.




6 comments:

Robyn said...

Soooooo cute!! I love that turtle!!

Christie Ortman said...

These are so cute Lois and I LOVE your pom pom!!

DelilahIris said...

OMG those are so cute! If you ever want help with other invitations and ever invitation ideas check out http://www.do-it-yourself-invitations.com

I used it to make wedding invitations for a friend of mine, and for my daughters first birthday too.

Sammi said...

these are fantastic Lois ... soo cute!!! what great invitations for your daughter :)

Jessica Smith said...

Love your colors and the turtle is so cute.

Lisadwb said...

Those are darling. I know everyone is going to feel extra special getting that invite.