Friday, April 4, 2008

Tortoise Thank You

I think these thank yous came out so cute! Again, I used the same elements as I had used in the invitaions and made both boy and girl versions. I want to thank Amy Czuba for lending me the level 3 hostess stamp from the Older & Wiser stamp set. I just thought this tortoise stamp was the perfect stamp and very excited that I found someone who had it so I could borrow it.
This time for the card, I used Green Galore CS instead of the Brazill paper. I first stamped the thank you on the card from the Warmest Regards stamp set in black. Then, I embossed using my Cuttle Bug template Tiny Mosaics. I stamped the tortoise image in Black ink then colored in using the same colors as the invitations. I highlighted the tortoise shell spots using Crystal Effects to add some depth and then added some Stickles to the hat for some sparkle. I also used my Mega Circle and Giga Scalloped Circle punches for the tortoise and the DS paper. After I mounted the image, I used my paper piecing tool to add some detail. I am very happy at the way that they came out. I am going to do some tortoise bookmarks too at a later date.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

More totally cute turtles!! I just bought my daughter the Cuttlekids yesterday to give her for her birthday and, of course, I bought her that turtle, too. He is a cutie!

ScrappyPam said...

Adorable! I love that turtle!

Nany said...

they'are cute

Joana24 said...

so adorable , good choice of colors

Monica said...

I need to make a turtle card for my niece who loves turtles!! These are so cute and I love the cuttlebugged background!

laos348 said...

These are very cute!

Kim Costello said...

Hi Lois,

Beautiful cards, wanted to say hello to one of my blogging sister's and my introduction is on my blog. I look forward to being inspired and hopefully inspiring you too!

http://paperbabe.blogspot.com/

Sister Kim x