Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ellie Valentine



I love the Happy Heart Day set from SU and I was trying to make a Valentine card that was not too girly. I came across this card on SCS and loved the colors and the layout. I cannot take credit for this one..the original card was made by momof3boys on SCS (I am not sure how to link yet). Since I did not have all the tools and elements to make her exact design, I had to modify it a little with what I had. I used Real Red, Glorious Green, Whisper White and Tempting Turquois CS (can substitute Flowers for YOu DS). I tried several ways to color in Ellie but the one I liked the best was using a grey watercolor pencil with the blender pen. I used Real Red and Glorious Green markers to outline the grass and flowers. On the butterfly, I used Real Red ink pad with the blender pen. The corner punch added the accents to the Glorious Green paper. The scallop punch and Real Red grosgrain ribbon added an interesting feature. I paper peirced around the White CS which always adds a bit of dimension. the Tempting Turquois CS was dotted using Itty Bitty Backgrouns stamp set (SU) with Whisper White craft ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. To add the shine to the hearts and butterfly I used crystal effects. Eventhough there were alot of steps, the card came together rather quickly. I used this card front for a recent swap and most demos loved the different color combination used for a Valentine Day card.

No comments: