Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Elegant Sofia




Here is another sample of the cards I made for the Cutie Pie Contest for Paper Pretties. These two cards were made with the same elements but different orientation to give some variety. The "Cuddle Me" stamp set was used from Paper Pretties. Again, I used the Marvy Giga Scalloped and the Mega Oval Punches to highlight Sofia. The dress was made with stickles in which I had to apply twice and wait for it to dry but the result was worth the wait. I colored in the rest with SU Markers. For a more elegant look, I used SU Basic Black and the DS paper Scrap Strip was from Scenic Route (http://www.scenicroutepaper.com/), the Loveland series, that I purchased at Right At Home Scrapbooking Store (http://www.rightathome.typepad.com)%20in/ ) in N. Attleboro. To make a more symetric look, I used scalloped scissors on the black paper around the words. the ribbon was a combination of organdy white and black polka dots together. I added matching rhinestone brads for the final touch to add some Bling! This card would make a perfect valentine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of all your sophia cards, I think I love this one best. YOu know I"m a sucker for that paper!

Congrats again on winning! Can't wait to see waht you do with the new ones!

Lois E. said...

Thanks Joanne! I appreciate your comments and look forward to creating more stuff. I love her and am hooked! You are my enabler!