Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to You

I needed a birthday card and I wanted to use my cuttlebug embossing folder so I came up with this idea. I used Pink Passion, Green Galore and WW CS. I embossed the WW with my cuttlebug embossing folder Happy Birthday. I used my SU So Many Scallops stamp set with my SU markers (Pink Passion, Yo Yo Yellow and Green Galore) to color in the middle of the stamp. I added some sparkle with my Spica Glitter pen to the flames on the candles. I punched it out using my 1 3/8 circle punch. I took the Green Galore CS and punched the 1 3/8 circle and then the scallop punch around it. I used my white gel pen for the dots in the scallop. I attached the scallop over the birthday using the dimensionals. I purchased this Green Polka dot ribbon at Walmart. This was a cute card that I used for my daughter's friend.

6 comments:

Kathy W said...

glad you are enjoying you bug!

TCake said...

ooh..like this card...simple but very effective. Teresa x

Sammi said...

ooh ... it's just lovely Lois! I agree - very effective!!
Sammi

Nany said...

I like it

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable! Love it!

~Emma~ said...

Love it!!! Its amazing the results you can get with a bug!